|Respawn Time||10 days or 30 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|DragonLair06Exterior01, DragonLair06Exterior02, DragonLair06Exterior03, DragonLair06Exterior04|
|South-southeast of Windhelm
Southwest of Mzulft
|Word Wall||Aura Whisper|
|# of Smelters||1|
Northwind Summit is a mountaintop dragon lair on the border between Eastmarch and the Rift. It is located a short distance northwest of Shor's Stone, northwest of Riften and far south of Windhelm, on the highest point in the Rift.
To access the summit, you can travel through Northwind Mine, found on the northern side of the mountain, or climb to it, starting at Shor's Stone and heading just a little ways south down the path until you see a slightly gentler slope of mountain to the right.
- Bounty: Dragon: Kill a dragon in its lair. (radiant)
- Dragon Seekers: Go to a dragon lair with Farkas or Vilkas and kill the dragon. (radiant)
- Note: This location is one of many potential targets for one or more of the radiant quests found on this page.
The summit is an abandoned mammoth hunter's camp with three dilapidated structures and mammoth skeletons. The word wall for the Aura Whisper shout is against the mountain, with the boss chest located just in front. A smelter is to the west, between two of the structures, and an adept-locked chest is inside the farthest structure to the west, just on the precipice of the summit. The stairs to Northwind Mine are on the northeast end of the summit. If Dragon Rising has not started, the wall is only defended by a few weak skeletons, making the word wall extremely easy to reach before starting the main quest. A dragon will be guarding the wall otherwise, and is a possible target for the related quests.
- A moonstone ore vein is located above the Northwind Mine entrance
To flag this as "Cleared", try using the smelter once you have dealt with enemies and chests.
- When the dragon lands behind the hut with the chest inside the door, the player might get stuck in the roof of the hut if he is inside the hut. This happens when the picture shakes as a result of the dragon landing and the earth is quaking. If the player is not in the hut and walks up to the hut after the dragon is dead he might be walking in the air around the hut.