Abrir menu principal

UESPWiki β

Shivering:Knotty Bramble

Shivering Isles: Places: Caves
OB-mapicon-Cave.png
Cave:
Knotty Bramble
(view on map)
# of Zones 3
Occupants
Grummites
(1 boss-level Grummite)
Important Treasure
1 Blind Watcher's Eye plant
Lorenz Bog-Trotter's Skull
1 boss-level Chest
1 boss-level Chest
2 Hollowed Amber Limbs
1 Hollowed Amber Stump
1 Madness Ore Deposit
Console Location Code(s)
XPKnottyBrambleExterior, XPKnottyBramble01, XPKnottyBramble02, XPKnottyBramble03
Region
Dementia
Location
Southeast of The Fringe, and south of the Hill of Suicides
Knotty Bramble

Knotty Bramble is a medium-sized root cave southeast of the Gates of Madness, just off Pinnacle Road, containing Grummites (quest-related). It contains three zones: Knotty Bramble, Knotty Bramble, Lost Crypt, and Knotty Bramble, Hatchery.

Related Quests

Notes

Exterior

Key to Maps
Map of Knotty Bramble exterior

Zone 1: Knotty Bramble

Map of Knotty Bramble

There are two doors leading to Knotty Bramble, Hatchery: C and D. While the former is very close to the entrance, the twisted roots at G can only be opened from the other side; so your only choice is the long path to D. While you progress through this mainly linear zone, make sure to loot all of the hollowed amber stumps (H) you encounter. The twisted roots at F are also opened from the other side, which forces you to head straight, past 4 root spikes (T). A bedroll (b) can be found in a room nearby. Finally, exit through door D leading to Knotty Bramble, Hatchery.

Occupants:

  • 6 Grummites (Dementia)
  • 4 Grummites (Dementia; group list)

Treasure:

Traps:

Doors and Gates:

  • There are three doors in/out of this zone
  • 2 Twisted Roots (opened remotely) at F and G

Other:

  • 1 bedroll at location b on map

Zone 2: Knotty Bramble, Lost Crypt

Map of Knotty Bramble, Lost Crypt

This zone is fairly simple: just make your way around in a clockwise fashion. Along the way, ensure you loot the madness ore deposit at M. If you move the bodies of the preserved zealots at I, you will discover a push-block: pressing it will open the secret wall at G. What you discover is an enclosed mausoleum dedicated to Lorenz Bog-Trotter, his head encircled by nightshade and his hand still clutching an ebony dagger replica. You will need his skull (Q) for an unmarked quest. Also inside is a boss-chest (B). Take care not move behind Lorenz when grabbing the skull, as this will reanimate the two Zealots. Complete the loop and jump down a hole to return to door E. Don't forget to pick up the "odd" blind watcher's eye at F.

Occupants:

  • 2 Grummites (50% chance melee Grummite; 25% archer Grummite; 25% Magus Grummite, always best possible level)
  • 5 Grummite Enemies (40% chance melee Grummite; 20% archer Grummite; 20% Magus Grummite; 20% Baliwog)

Treasure:

Traps:

Doors and Gates:

  • There is one door (at E) in/out of this zone, leading to the zone Knotty Bramble, Hatchery
  • 1 Secret Wall at G which can be opened by moving the Zealots' bodies off the stone altars, revealing a small push button underneath.

Other:

  • 2 dead Preserved Zealots at locations I on map

Zone 3: Knotty Bramble, Hatchery

Map of Knotty Bramble, Hatchery
The Pool Statue at Q

Upon entering from door D, you will find yourself on the higher level of a large room - take advantage of your position to snipe at the boss-level Grummite at A and to avoid a confrontation with all three of the nearby grummites. From the upper level you can return to the first zone via door C or proceed to jump down into knee-deep water for access to Knotty Bramble, Lost Crypt through door E. Before exiting, make sure to loot the boss chest (B) in the southwestern corner of the higher level. In the middle of the lower level is a statue (Q) that dispenses "aquanostrum", if the quest A Liquid Solution is active.

Occupants:

  • 1 boss-level Grummite (Dementia) at location A on map
  • 1 Grummite Magus (Dementia)
  • 1 archer Grummite (Dementia, always best possible level)

Treasure:

Traps:

Doors and Gates:

Other:

  • 1 Pool Statue at location Q on map