|Weakness to Poison|
(Click on any item for details)
Weakness to Poison M% for D seconds
Weakness to Poison increases the strength of subsequent poisons by M%; the effect lasts for D seconds. All effects that can be applied using a poison are affected by weakness to poison. For most poisons, the magnitude of the poison is increased by M% and the poison's duration is unaltered. For example, a target with Weakness to Poison 50% active will suffer 15 points of damage from a Poison of Illness, instead of the usual 10 points. For Silence and Paralyze effects, however, the duration of the poison is increased by M% (these effects do not have a magnitude).
The Weakness to Poison effect must be active before the poison for it to have an effect. In other words, you must first cast a spell with a Weakness to Poison effect (or use a scroll or enchanted weapon with that effect), then strike with a poisoned weapon (see note).
The effect will last for the entire duration of any poison. Therefore, if you hit someone with a Weakness to Poison 50% for 10 seconds effect, then immediately follow that with a strike from a weapon poisoned with Damage Health 4 points for 15 seconds, 90 points of damage will be done (even though the weakness effect expires before the poison's damage effect).
- The effect is negated on a melee weapon when it is subsequently used to deliver poison. A different weapon must be used for the poison. This is not the case for bows, which work as expected when poison is applied to the same bow for a followup shot.
- This effect can be gained for spell making and enchanting via spells only.
- Ogres and Golden SaintsSI are the only creatures that have a natural Weakness to Poison (25% and 50%, respectively).
- All Argonians have 100% resistance to poison (immunity), as do Will-o-the-Wisps, Flame Atronachs, Flesh AtronachsSI, Frost Atronachs, Storm Atronachs, and all Undead. Attacking with Weakness to Poison, however, will make it possible to use poison against any of these enemies.
- Weakness to Poison will increase the damage caused by elemental damage poisons, i.e., Fire Damage, Frost Damage, and Shock Damage poisons, but it will not affect elemental damage spells. Elemental damage will also be altered by any active elemental weaknesses or resistances (e.g., Weakness to Fire or Resist Fire). The total damage is determined by multiplying the weakness effects; see Resistances and Weaknesses for more information.
- Poisons: Available poisons in the game
- Alchemy: Learn to make your own poisons
- Resistances and Weaknesses: General information on how resistances and weaknesses interact.
Apparel with Weakness to Poison