(Click on any item for details)
Light M feet for D seconds
This is illumination to allow you to see better, somewhat like a torch but with a greenish light. There is no visible source for the light, just a circular region which is uniformly bright, up to a distance M from the target. Most light spells are centered on the caster, but some spells like Illuminate are centered on a target. Casting targeted light spells only works when the spell strikes an NPC or monster. It doesn't work if cast at a point on the floor or wall.
- This effect can be gained for spell making and enchanting via spells only.
- Adding Light to your bow or custom attack spells will mark your target for a while, making it easier to see them. This is particularly effective within a dungeon against enemy bowmen or spellcasters who will likely remain back in the shadows rather than come in close to fight you.
- Be careful casting Light when you are sneaking or under the effects of chameleon; as you would imagine, it spoils your chances of hiding.
- Light effects can be stacked. Therefore, if you had a ring with 20ft of light and another one with 30ft, you would end up with a light magnitude of 50ft.
- Though vampires take damage in sunlight, it is not possible to exploit their weakness to sunlight using Light spells.
- Sneak: Tips on how to sneak effectively
† - does not exist in-game