|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|South East of Whiterun|
|# of Ebony||2|
|# of Malachite||2|
The famous Seven Thousand Steps lead up the mountain to High Hrothgar, where the Greybeards live their lives in absolute silence. As part of the Main Quest, the player must journey to High Hrothgar to learn how to use Dragon Shouts. Later, the player is required to continue up the mountain to the summit, home to Paarthurnax, the leader of the Greybeards.
For historical information about the mountain, see the lore article.
- The Throat of the World: Receive a lesson from Paarthurnax.
- Elder Knowledge: Recover an Elder Scroll to learn an Ancient Secret.
- Alduin's Bane: Exploit the Time-Wound to learn Dragonrend and defeat Alduin at the Throat of the World.
- Dragonslayer: Put an end to the World-Eater.
- Repairing the Phial: Acquire the materials necessary to repair the White Phial.
- Paarthurnax: Deal with a potential threat.
- Despite supposedly being the tallest mountain in all of Tamriel, the summit of Throat Of The World is actually only 766.5 meters above sea level, according to the Creation Kit.
- Although the path up is said to be 7,000 steps long, it's only 732 steps.
- It is possible to reach the Throat of the World before the quest The Throat of the World by scaling up the side of the mountain adjacent to High Hrothgar (or, though more difficult, from the lower sections of the path to High Hrothgar) using a zig-zag technique. Using a horse will make it easier to scale steeper slopes.
- At the very peak of the mountain, above the ledge where the Throat of the World is located, are two malachite and two ebony ore veins . The unique Notched Pickaxe, an enchanted pickaxe, can be found nearby .
- The quest Repairing the Phial will not begin (you will not get the courier's letter) until you have access to this location.