|Daedric Artifact: Skull of Corruption ()
|Charge/Cost = Uses||3000/150=20|
The Daedric artifact Skull of Corruption is a staff given as a reward for completing Vaermina's Daedric Quest. It creates an identical clone, including any equipment, of (almost) any NPC you hit with it. The target NPC will usually be immediately hostile to their double. Firing the staff at a friendly NPC is considered an assault, even though it doesn't actually hurt the NPC; however, if the clone kills the NPC this will not count as a murder by you. What follows is the target NPC fighting with his/her clone, and maybe with you too. The clone then disappears after thirty seconds.
The staff can only be used on NPCs (not creatures). It will not work on anyone who is considered to be a guard, defined as those classes with the "guard" flag set: Dark04 Prison Guard, Guard, Guard Archer, and Guard Battlemage (also includes Dark Seducer and Golden Saint if SI is installed).
- If used on an essential NPC, the clone created will also be considered essential and thus, cannot be killed. The clone will still disappear after thirty seconds.
- The clone will have duplicates of all of the target's equipment with only a few exceptions, namely the Skull of Corruption, Umbra, and Wabbajack. These three artifacts are explicitly removed from the clone's equipment.
- Items can be duplicated using the Skull.
- It is possible to clone yourself permanently using the Skull of Corruption.
- If the clone is summoned unarmed, any weapons it picks up from the ground will be gone for good when it disappears. Therefore, you should pick up any valuable weapons from the ground prior to summoning the clone.
- The spell is subject to both spell reflection and spell absorption. If the spell is reflected back on you, it does not create a clone of you. Therefore, it is safe to use the staff on NPCs that reflect spells (unless you accidentally drop it before it hits the target, in which case it will duplicate you).
- A new clone cannot be created until the last one is gone.