Shivering:Erver Devani< Shivering Isles: People
|House||Erver Devani's House|
|Health||43 + (5+2.6)x(PC-1), PC=5-19|
|Magicka||100 + 1.5x(PC-1) (max=250)|
|Faction(s)||Dementia Faction; Deepwallow Citizen; SEWildernessFaction|
Erver Devani is a Dunmer barbarian living in the settlement of Deepwallow. He is the brother of Gadeneri Ralvel, one of the restless souls on the Hill of Suicides.
Erver Devani lives his life in total isolation as his paranoia keeps him indoors all day. After eight hours of sleep he wakes up at 6am and always starts the day wandering around in his house for two hours. At 8am he will treat himself to a lonely breakfast for two hours. After eating he will continue to wander around his house until 8pm, when he will enjoy another meal before going to bed at 10pm.
Erver wears a shirt with suspenders, some patchwork pants and a pair scruffy shoes. He carries around an iron shortsword, his key and a moderate sum of gold.
If you manage to break into his house, a surprised Erver will look at you and say: "What are you doing here?" When approached, he will hint at his paranoid tendencies and explain a bit about his sister: "You! You're... No, you're not one of them. Still, you've no business being here. And if you see them, tell them Erver is ready and waiting. I know they're coming. They'll come for you. Like they came for my sister. Put her on the Hill of Suicides." On subsequent meetings he will just say: "Why are you here again? You'll only draw attention to us, give them one more reason to attack!" He may finish conversations with a warning: "Keep an eye out for them."
Erver is the only resident in the Isles who will provide specific information about the Ghosts of the Hill of Suicides and, particularly, about his sister Gadaneri. When asked about the Hill, he will say: "It's where you end up if you don't die according to His plan. They will drive you to it. Like They did poor Gadeneri. I loved her, and then she was gone. By her own hand. It's said any soul on the Hill can be released if their remains are brought to them. I've heard that those that free the souls become blessed. Can't say for sure. They scatter the remains all over the Isles. Bastards." If you manage to locate Gadaneri’s skull in the depths of Knifepoint Hollow and talk to Erver while holding the skull he will say: "You've found Gadeneri's skull? Take it to her at the Hill of Suicides! Before They find out you've got it!" If you follow his advice, he will be most grateful and hand you a leveled amount of gold as a reward: "You've done a great service freeing my Gadeneri. Thank you." and will add: "Maybe you can help the others. Watch out for Them."
At different stages in the Main Quest, Erver will share different rumors with you and other NPCs:
- Whoever this new person in the Isles is, he'd better steer clear of Deepwallow.
- You know who's responsible for killing the Gatekeeper, don't you? It's Them.
- Even if the Resonator of Judgment is working again, I bet it won't deter Them. I'm still not safe.
- Must be nice to be Duke of Mania, and have your biggest problem surround some missing cup.
- If I thought I could make the trip safely, I'd go to Crucible and find out if the torture revealed anything about Them.
- I heard someone relit the Torch at the Sacellum Arden-Sul. Good news, unless... what if someone is just trying to trick us?
- So we have a new ruler of Dementia. How do I know this one isn't in league with Them?
- Someone new on the throne of Mania? I hope it's not one of Them.
- They're coming for me. Those Knights. I should have seen it coming.
- I hear there's a new Gatekeeper. What if They tamper with him, and send him after me?
- Armies are well and good, but only if you know who you're fighting.
- I'm telling you, They're behind all of this. All of it! No one is going to listen to me until it's too late!
- It seems They have been thwarted for now. I know They're still plotting against me, though. It's only a matter of time.
- Ghosts of the Hill of Suicides: Help free five wandering souls.