Este artigo é sobre the quest. Para the creature, veja The Sunken One (creature).
Search the farmhouse, and in a bowl on the table you'll find the first page of a diary in which a Slythe Seringi describes the burning of Kvatch. He believes it is because his god, the Sunken One, is angry at mankind. He decides to go on a pilgrimage to the Sandstone Cavern in order to make an offering.
Head into Sandstone Cavern and search for Slythe. Work your way to the end of the first cave to find the second page of Seringi's diary on top of a chest near the entrance. Things have not gone well for him, almost dying several times. Continue through the wooden gate and proceed to the end of the cave to find the lifeless body of Slythe Seringi. Search his body to find the third page of his diary and end the quest.
Feel free to take the offering which consists of some cheap gems and a small amount of gold. After you've found the third page of his diary, the Sunken One, a special leveled variety of Storm Atronach, appears. Flee or defeat the Sunken One to leave the cavern.
- The farmhouse has a bed where you can sleep. The containers in the house will occasionally reset and are not safe for personal storage.
- It is not necessary to collect the diary entries to complete this quest.
- If you leave the cave before completing the quest, the body may be gone. Type
player.placeatme 00185DC9to spawn Slythe, kill him, and get the last diary page from his body.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
|The Sunken One (SQ07)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||I've entered what appears to be a recently abandoned farmhouse. Perhaps if I search around, I may find a clue as to the owner's whereabouts.|
|20||I've come across a discarded page from a journal of a Slythe Seringi in an abandoned farmhouse near the ruins of Kvatch. It mentions some sort of pilgrimage to bring an offering of great value to something called "The Sunken One". All signs point to Sandstone Cavern nearby. I should proceed there, as I fear for Slythe's safety.|
|30||I've come across a second discarded page from Slythe Seringi's journal. This one details his descent into Sandstone Cavern and how he met dangerous resistance and began to doubt his journey. I should press on and see if I can locate him.|
|40||I've located Slythe Seringi's corpse. I should search around him to learn the conclusion to his sad journey.|
|100||Finishes quest||On Slythe's corpse, I've located his last journal entry. It seems he fell here believing he was truly going to meet his god and give an offering to him to help all of Tamriel. His death is a sad end to such a well-intended sojourn.|
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage SQ07 stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.