|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
This quest can send you to almost any dungeon or dragon lair that contains a word wall. The list of possible values of
- "You have learned so much already, Dragonborn. Growing your gift too quickly would be dangerous. But there are many Words of Power in Skyrim, carved in the Dragon tongue. Even from here, we can feel the Thu'um resonate from them. Finding these lost Words would be a sufficient test, to temper your abilities with experience. Ask when you are ready to search."
Thereafter, you can ask him whether the Greybeards have located any words of power. He has two possible replies:
- "There is only silence right now. Perhaps later we will hear one of the lost Words."
- "We have felt the whisper of a Word. Give me your map, and I will show you where its echo can be found."
The latter response will cause the location of the word wall will be marked on your map, and you will be given a new quest objective.
This quest can be repeated multiple times, and it can also be active simultaneously with the other word wall quest, Shout - learn about word wall. Both quests can even point you to the same location as the other. However, if you choose to kill Paarthurnax for the Blades, this quest is no longer available.
- If sent to Arcwind Point, finding the word wall may not mark the quest as completed in your journal. Arcwind Point may be given as a destination even when the word wall has already been found, preventing progress in the quest.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.1a of the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.
- Using the command
SetStage FreeFormHighHrothgarA 20will end the quest and allow you to acquire another quest normally. Setting Arcwind Point as cleared via
SetLocationCleared fd685 1will prevent getting sent there again.
- If you learn a word from a different word wall from the one that Arngeir points you to, the test may be prematurely logged complete. For instance, after being directed to Shearpoint by Arngeir, visiting Lost Tongue Overlook instead can complete the quest. This is another possible solution for the Arcwind Point bug mentioned above.
|The Words of Power (FreeformHighHrothgarA)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 10: Find the Word of Power in <Alias=Dungeon>
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 20.