Skyrim:Harsh Master< Skyrim: Quests: Miscellaneous: Favors / Radiant
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
This is a radiant quest which will send you to one of the following bandit camps:
Cragslane Cavern, Gallows Rock, Lost Knife Hideout, Stony Creek Cave, Uttering Hills Camp
Kjar, ship master of The North Wind currently anchored at the docks in Windhelm, will ask you to hunt down and kill a runaway crew member. The sailor had formed a group of bandits, who are currently hiding out in one of five random locations. Travel to the location and kill the bandit leader there. Return to Kjar, who will give you a year's salary (a leveled gold reward).
- The quest Kill the Bandit Leader can have identical quest objectives.
- It is possible to trigger the quest by killing the required leader without first speaking with Kjar. It adds an objective to return to Kjar. Once spoken to Kjar, you will receive the objective to kill the leader. Telling Kjar of the leader's death will complete both objectives.
- If you are sent to Uttering Hills Cave, and have already completed Summerset Shadows for the Thieves Guild, you will be unable to complete this quest, as the bandit leader is replaced by Linwe and the former is nowhere to be seen.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.4 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- You can still progress through the quest by typing
"c5688".killin the console.
- If you have completed the mission and levels later reenter the same location once it is repopulated, it can give you the completion again, allowing you to collect a bounty for re-killing the rogue crewman.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- The bandit boss is prematurely made available to kill before Kjar actually offers the quest.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.1.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
|Harsh Master (FreeformShipsWindhelm)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 10: Kill the leader of <Alias=BanditCamp>
Objective 15: Return to Kjar
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 200.