The ingredient Wisp Stalk Caps comes from the plant "Wisp Stalks", which is a mushroom that is only found growing inside caves. There are actually five varieties of this plant, all of which yield the same ingredient.
Wisp Stalk Caps are one of only two ingredients (the other is Pear) which can be used to create Fortify Speed potions. Since these two ingredients also share the effect Damage Health, you can only make Fortify Speed potions that have a negative side-effect, and only at Expert level.
5 guaranteed samples can be found in the following locations:
- 1 sample is in the Elder Scrolls Library in the Imperial Palace
- 1 sample is in Sinderion's Cellar in the West Weald Inn, Skingrad
- 1 sample is in the Natural Caverns during the Tutorial
- 1 sample is in the Chorrol Mages Guild Library
- 1 sample is in Ceyatatar.
It can also be found randomly in the inventories of alchemy vendors and in some loot chests.
Wisp Stalk Caps are only found growing inside. The caves with the highest numbers of plants are: