- Talk to a questgiver of the Thieves Guild
- Head to the town which was mentioned to you.
- Enter the building which was mentioned to you.
- Find and pick up the item you have come for.
- Make your escape.
- Return to the questgiver and collect your reward.
- Be sure to follow the time limit.
You can call me (questgiver's name). I have wind of some (item) that some pig of a merchant just bought. I want to you pinch it an bring it here. I'll pay you (random gold) gold. Are you interested?
Questgiver goes on:
In (town) go to (building). It shouldn't be too tough to find the (item). Get it back to me in (time limit) days, and I'll pay you. No questions? Good.
Move along (player's name). I need to find a thief worthy of the name.
Move to the town and enter the building. If it is a shop and you enter during the opening hours you don't even have to pick the door's lock. There may be some guards waiting for you. Find the item, often a pearl, within and grab it. Upon leaving the building, there may be a guard waiting for you at the entrance door, either a battlemage, an Iron Atronach, a Daedra seducer or a werewolf. Kill the guard and return to the questgiver.
When giving the stolen item to the questgiver he will say:
Oh ho! This shipment is better than I had thought. Here's your (random gold) gold (player's name). Don't spend it all on drink or vice.
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables)
Any of the following:
- Battlemage (10% chance)
- Iron Atronach (10% chance)
- Daedra Seducer (10% chance)
- Werewolf (10% chance)
- In case you keep the loot, it will remain in your inventory and won't vanish once the quest is over, as it is usual the case for quest items. Keeping the loot will cost you no additional reputation, only a failed quest.