- Talk to a questgiver of the Thieves Guild
- Head to the town which was mentioned to you.
- Enter the alchemist's store.
- Find and pick up the potion you have come for.
- Make your escape.
- Return to the questgiver and collect your reward.
- Be sure to follow the time limit.
(player's name), my name is (questgiver's name). I have a line on a (potion). I need someone to lift it for me. I'll pay you (random gold) gold to do it. What do you say?
Questgiver goes on:
At (alchemist's store) in (town) you will find a (potion). Take it and bring it to me in (time limit) days, and I'll pay you. That's not too tough now, is it?
Let me know when you want to get real work, (player's name).
Move to the town and enter the alchemist's store. If it is a shop and you enter during the opening hours you don't even have to pick the door's lock. There may be some guards waiting for you. Find the potion and grab it. Upon leaving the building, there may be a guard waiting for you at the entrance door, either a battlemage, an Iron Atronach, a Daedra seducer or a werewolf. Kill it and return to the questgiver.
If you give the potion to the questgiver he will say:
Not bad, (player's name). Here's your (random gold) gold.
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables)
Any of the following:
- Battlemage (10% chance)
- Iron Atronach (10% chance)
- Daedra Seducer (10% chance)
- Werewolf (10% chance)
- In case you keep the potion, it will remain in your inventory and won't vanish once the quest is over, as it is usual the case for quest items. Keeping the potion will cost you no additional reputation, only a failed quest.
- The potion is actually no potion, but some Elixir vitae of lower value.